Code Enforcement Board
(Also serves as the Nuisance Control Board)
The Code Enforcement Board meets in the Commission Chamber, 800 Seminole Road, at 6:00 PM the second Tuesday of January, March, May, July, September, and November. The board consists of seven (7) members and one (1) alternate member, who shall serve on the board in the absence of board members, who are appointed by the City Commission and who serve three-year terms.
The code enforcement board shall have the jurisdiction and authority to hear and decide alleged violations of the following:
(1) City of Atlantic Beach Code of Ordinances, per Chapter 162, Florida Statutes, except as provided in section 2-146.1 below.
(2) State of Florida Building Code, administration section of Chapter 553, [Florida Statutes] as adopted by the State of Florida and by the city.
(3) International Property Maintenance Code as adopted by the city.
(4) All other local codes and ordinances as allowed by Chapter 162, Part 1., Florida Statutes, Local Government Code Enforcement Boards, as it may be amended from time to time.
The jurisdiction of the code enforcement board shall not be exclusive. Any alleged violation of any of the provisions above may be pursued by appropriate remedy in court at the option of the administrative official whose responsibility it is to enforce that respective code or ordinance.
The board shall have the power to:
(1) Adopt rules for the conduct of their hearings.
(2) Subpoena alleged violators and witnesses to their hearings.
(3) Subpoena records, surveys, plats and other documentary evidence to its hearings.
(4) Take testimony under oath.
(5) Issue orders having the force and effect of law, commanding whatever steps are necessary to bring a violation into compliance.
(6) Establish and levy fines pursuant to subsection 2-149(b).
Code Enforcement Board Agendas and Minutes
City Code- Article V. Division 2. Code Enforcement Board
City Code- Article V. Division 3. Nuisance Control Board