The primary responsibility of the Records Section is to store, maintain and make available various types of reports generated by departmental personnel. These reports are available for law enforcement personnel. The general public is provided access to these reports as allowed by public records laws (Florida State Statute 119).
Pursuant to Florida State Statute 119
all correspondence with the Atlantic Beach Police
Department is public record. Exceptions occur when information is shared
of a criminal investigation, internal investigation or contains criminal
Records personnel also provide local background checks (limited to Atlantic Beach data only), copies of accident reports, information on calls for service, and fingerprinting services (Atlantic Beach citizens and Atlantic Beach businesses only).
To obtain a public record:
- Contact Records at (904) 247-5859 Ext. 5867
- Fax the request to (904) 242-3467
- Mail to: Atlantic Beach Police Department: Records Unit, 850 Seminole Rd., Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
- In person at the Atlantic Beach Police Department
- Email to our Records Specialist.
Public Records Request Form
The fee schedule is as follows:
Records is open 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday. We are closed on all federal holidays.
The Records Section is supervised by Commander Tiffany Layson.